Recap:Why You Need A Responsive Website
- Spontaneity plays a major role in shopping ( 81% of smartphone purchases)
- 88% of people agree that having a mobile device with realtime information makes them more spontaneous with shopping and, in general more open to discovering new things.
- 90% of people move between devices to accomplish a goal, whether that's on smartphones, PC's, tablets or TV's
- 30% of mobile shoppers abandon a transaction if the experience is not optimized for mobile
- 57% of mobile customers will abandon your site if they have to wait 3 seconds for a page to load
Source: Strangeloop Networks
- Consumers expect transactions to be easier on mobile than they are offline (51%) or on a desktop computer(50%)
- 63% of people expect to be doing more shopping on their mobile devices over the next couple of years.
- Roughly 58% of consumers who own a smartphone have used it for store-related shopping.
- 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience.
- 57% users say they won't recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site.
- 41% say they have turned to a competitor's site after a bad mobile experience.
- In the past twelve months customers around the world ordered more than $1 billion worth of products from Amazon using a mobile device-Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
- Not having a mobile optimized website is like closing your store one day each week.
- PayPal mobile handled almost $14 billion in payment volume in 2012.
- 52% of tablet users now say that they prefer to shop using their tablet rether than their PC.
Source: Alexaner Interactive
- 72% of tablet owners make purchases from their devices on a weekly basis.
- Tablet users spend 50% more than PC users.
- Mobile-based searches make-up one quarter of all searches.
Source: The Search Agency
- 77% of mobile searches occurs at home or work.
- 70% of PC search tasks are completed in one week while 70% of mobile search tasks are done in one hour.
- 95% of smartphone users have searches for local info.
- 1 in 3 mobile searches have local intent, versus 1 in 5 on a desktop
Source: Small Business Trends